Friday, June 17, 2011

Pizza Friday!

I don't know if you feel this way, but I feel like just an hour ago I was typing Pizza Friday from last week! Where did this week go!?!? Oh yeah, it's summer, and we had beautiful weather, and I had my boys! So time just flew by!




Well, using up more of the CSA bag...so I made my favorite pizza dough. My no-cook sauce. AND, I topped the pizza with:
tomato sauce
then I tore fresh mozzarella into chunks and placed on pizza
sprinkled on crumbled feta
asparagus, cut into 1 inch chunks
red bell pepper, thinkly slices (seeds removed)
red onion thinly sliced
leftover rotisserie chicken, chopped
then a light covering of shredded parmesan cheese

It is in the oven and it smells awesome!

I did cook the 7-grain blend this week as I planned.....loved it.  I used a large heavy pot and added olive oil, then 2 C of the 7 grain blend, I stirred until it was toasted and added in 1/2 C of white wine.  I cooked and stirred this until it was absorbed and evaporated....then I added 4 C of chicken broth and brought to a simmer and covered for about 35 minutes....then I removed the cover and continued to simmer until almost all of the liquid was absorbed so the grains were creamy.  In the meantime I sauteed, white onions from my CSA bag, but you could use yellow or red-whatever you have, that I chopped in garlic seasoned olive oil. Once they were golden I added in chopped broccoli and asparagus, and cooked for 2-4 minutes....I poured the grains into a large serving dish and poured on the veggies.  I added crumbled feta cheese and tossed.  My boys kept saying what smells so good?  And they ate this very well!  I'm so proud :o)

And for the finish on Pizza Friday, well you just can't go wrong with good old pepperoni!

No comments:

Post a Comment